FlameGard® 5 MSIR Flame Detector
MSA's FlameGard® 5 MSIR Detector is an advanced multi-spectrum flame detector designed to provide superior false alarm immunity with the widest field of view. The detector employs a state-of-the-art multi-spectrum infrared (MSIR) sensor array with a sophisticated Neural Network Technology (NNT) system.
- Multi-Spectrum IR (MSIR) sensor array provides increased range and a wide field of view
- Neural Network Technology (NNT) combination is highly immune to false alarms caused by lightning, arc-welding, hot objects, and other sources of radiation.
- Continuous Optical Path Monitoring (COPM) checks the optical path integrity and the detector's electronic circuitry
- Designed to detect typical fires such as those produced by alcohol, n-heptane, gasoline, jet fuels and hydrocarbons, the FlameGard 5 MSIR Detector can see through dense smoke produced by diesel, rubber, plastics, lube oil, and crude oil fires.
- The FlameGard 5 MSIR Detector is housed in a stainless steel explosion-proof enclosure to provide operational integrity in the harshest environments.
- Multiple communication outputs provide versatility for use in a variety of applications
- The serial communication port(s) allows 128 units (247 using repeaters) to be linked up to a host computer using the Modbus RTU protocol.
Approvals subject to change without notice and may differ based on configuration, part number and/or country.
Contact Customer Service or check approval label on product for specific approval information.
CSA, FM, ULC, ATEX, IECEx & CE marking HART registered SIL 3 suitable FM certified to IEC 61508
- USA Approvals
- Canadian Approvals
- European Union